Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mateo's Readoption- name change and birth cert. here in Alaska now.

Dressing up for court...


What me? I'm innocent!!!

Waiting for the judge...

After the hearing the judge gave Mateo a congrats gift...



If Mateo had not already been adopted this would have been a big deal...so it seemed a little strange that they made such a big deal out of it...to us it was just an official name change and a way to make getting his birth certificate easier...now instead of having to go to his birth town in Guatemala (and having it in Spanish) now we can get one from Juneau. (wow never tried to spell Juneau before...took me a while!) But the Judge was nice and the clerk kept saying over and over that Mateo was the most well behaved child they have ever had in court! Yeah Mateo!

1 comment:

mel_twitchell said...

My favorite picture is him at the table behind the microphone. I love the look on his face..."Who me?" Mr. Innocent :) Aunt Missy misses Mateo!