Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mateo's First Real Snow!

Well it has snowed a lot today! And it is the first big snow for our city this year! We dressed Mateo up which was funny all in itself...and then we went out and showed him how to play in snow!! We had another friend give us her son's hand-me downs (what a blessing! Thank you Candy!) and the coat and snow pants are a 1-2 sizes too big for Mateo but they are very warm, are good quality, and they work!! :) His boots are also 2 sizes too big but he manages! (kind-of :) ) We figure since winter lasts so long in Alaska that he will have plenty of time to grow into his winter clothes! We have video of this that I will try to learn how to post soon. (If anyone has any pointers please let me know!) But here are our pictures from today (11/11/2007)


Here is my first SNOW ANGEL ever!!!!
(the snow is not really blue...just the lighting out side...it was still snowing pretty hard)

Here I am trying to push the snow around.

Here I am trying to walk in the snow with my very large boots! : ) I only really took a few steps then my parents carried me everywhere else!



Here I am trying to make a snow ball like my Daddy was doing. He was throwing them for Oliver to chase...then my Mommy was trowing them at me!

Please don't mind my mom she has been sick the last week but she just could resist experiencing my first snow with me. I hope she doesn't get more sick but I am glad we were all out as a family! Most of the time she was under a huge black and white umbrella taking video of me, my daddy and Oliver. It was snowing hard and she had to find a way not to ruin the videocamera. Oliver did not like the umbrella . He barked a lot after that!

Here I am with a lot of snow in my face...I am ready to go in!

Thanks Daddy for helping me brush snow off of me!

Here I am inside ...turns out all except for my cheeks and nose I stayed warm! (Don't I look like such a big boy these days??? That is what my Mommy and Daddy keep telling me...I am "growing up too fast"!)
P.S. Please don't judge me for the outfit! After church they changed me into the quickest (most comfortable) thing they could find so I would take a long nap...then I just stayed in it all day! Don't they know that stripes and patterns do not go together????!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs to stop growing! I miss you guys so much! Can't wait to see you guys!

Love, Aunt Missy

SarahJane said...

I think jammies are the cutest clothes in the wardrobe. So Snuggly. What a cutie pie. Hope we get to meet him soon....maybe at Christmas ;o)
miss you guys