Friday, April 11, 2008

Really Bad Hair Cut # 2

Ok...for those of you who lived with me in Guatemala you all have seen first hand "bad hair cut #1", poor Mateo had the nickname "Friar Mateo" in the house for weeks after this mishap (learning experience for Mom). So since then I have been trying to learn and refine my technique (he he he if you can call it that)! Normally I try to play it safe, especially around holidays and special occasions where I know he will be in pictures that will last (and maybe haunt) him for the rest of his life. But...his hair has been getting thicker and longer since my last couple of "trims" or "clean up" haircut...and I wanted to try a new technique or idea...and this is a good time on our calendar.

Lets just say...it is a very good thing Mateo's birthday isn't for another 3 months!!! I'll start with the picture of the part I was really experimenting with...it actually turned out pretty nice. :) It was the sides that I already know how to do that didn't turn out very great....all it takes is one miss-cut... :) Right Friar Mateo??


See not to bad definitely took some of the length and weight off with out loosing the ability to lay flat.
And then a little bit worse...
OK not so bad right we can live with this...
And then the WHAMMY...one miss-cut!!!
It is ok we will survive! :) He still is cute...and Mommy will try to remember her lessons! (I am getting better...trust me!)

1 comment:

SarahJane said...

oh, I feel your pain. I have been cutting Ben's hair now for 2 years, and it still turns out different every time. I just started cutting Chris' too....talk about nerve wracking! I still am perfecting his hair too. I am sure they get annoyed with my "critiquing" their haircut all day long :)